Professional Excel Templates for your Business
Full Cost Analysis Template (kg)
Using cost analysis template to price your products right
The absolute majority of small and medium businesses are not using full cost analysis template of any kind. This is one of the key reasons why they are losing money on some of their orders (and never notice!)
If you are a manufacturer or a wholesaler, you have definitely been in a situation when a large retailer wants to place a large order at a very low price (at least in your opinion). If you are working in an industry where all the orders are being made through tenders, setting the right price should probably be your daily routine, but you do have the right tools? Or maybe you just put the price of your products based on what the market allows without delving how much beneficial each of the products is for you?
It is good when a company has an experienced CFO with a lot of experience in such calculations. However, most SMEs just don’t have the person with the right qualification. As a result, these calculations are made by an accountant or the company just doesn’t make them at all!
As a consequence companies often make bad pricing decisions. Either they lower the price of their products below the profitable level, or the other way around, companies are not using the possibilities of reducing prices where they could do this and miss potentially profitable deals.
Therefore, we at CFOTemplates.com suggest using the full cost analysis template in order to get the maximum profit from your business!
The Functionality of the Model:
- Attributing direct manufacturing costs by products (materials, payroll, contractor services, etc.);
- Splitting indirect costs by product, in accordance with the principles defined by you (eg., based on the volume produced);
- Possibility to relocate indirect costs between the product groups. Sometimes it is important for certain product groups with strong competition and price pressure. In this case, part of the indirect costs could be split between the other product groups;
- Minimum price suggestions;
- Sensitivity analysis (economies of scale). Calculate how the minimum selling price of each product will change when the total manufacturing volume changes;
- Sensitivity analysis (price inflation). Calculate how shall the minimum price of each product change when raw material prices or wage levels increase;
- Comparison of the minimum price with actual current prices, identification of problematic products and retailers;
- The model uses kilograms for weight calculations. The pound version of the model is available here.
- We also suggest using our customization services to provide automatic data input – you can automatically export data for the model from your accounting system!
Let us do the work for you!
Contact our team if you’re looking for additional support with your company’s financial needs! You can request model adjustments for any template found on our website or request a completely customized financial template with your company’s data (operational budgets, cashflow projections, valuation models, cost analysis and other models).
Our company has over 12 years of experience as outsourced CFOs creating and improving financial models for different industries. Over these years we have worked with 500+ companies from 20+ countries in the world. We bet you won’t be able to name an industry we haven’t made financial models for.
The customization services are performed by the same team of analysts that organizes the Financial Modeling World Cup (our group’s company). The Financial Modeling World Cup is the world’s largest financial modeling competition, enjoyed by top-class modelers from all over the world. Our team is trusted by such big names as Microsoft, the main sponsors of the tournament, and ESPN who broadcast the tournaments to TV audience. You can learn more about FMWC here.
We typically charge a fixed price, depending on the amount of work. The most popular pricing plans are $199, $749 and $1,499 (see details).
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you with an offer!
Have feedback or suggestions? Get in touch with our founder & CEO, Andrew Grigolyunovich, CFA: email@example.com